Introductory Certificate in Embodied Counselling
The training provides an introduction to somatic psychology and bodymind therapy for body-based practitioners, including massage therapists, kahuna bodyworkers, somatic sex educators, and yoga teachers.
The course provides practitioners with practice in effective embodied skills, a broad understanding of psychotherapeutic theory leading to the development of body-based approaches, and practice in conducting embodied counselling sessions.
The course enhances body-based practitioners’ capacity to work with the emotional and psychological content that arises during bodywork sessions. Building on what you do well, the course provides you with greater confidence to work with your clients’ emotional and psychological selves, expanding and developing your skill set in this direction, and enhancing your capacity to articulate the complex systems in process for human beings.
During the training participants:
- Engage in regular self practice of body awareness exercises
- Create exercises to support other people in increasing their awareness of their bodies
- Study the development of somatic psychology and bodymind therapy
- Study and develop qualities that support practitioners in working effectively with clients
- Practice embodied counselling skills
- Study the connection of the body’s systems and consciousness
- Develop skills for working with strong emotion and trauma
- Conduct embodied counselling sessions
- Grow in embodiment to feel more connected and vibrantly alive
“A great introductory course that gives you a wide understanding of the counselling world and the skills to integrate embodied counselling into your practice.”
“The training was fantastic. It filled in lots gaps in my knowledge, gave me new spaces to fill up with the knowledge I will continue to gather, and affirmed, consolidated and linked together my existing abilities.”
Dates for 2016
October 9 to December 12, 2016. The Embodied Counselling Intensive is in Brisbane on December 10, 11 and 12.
The price of the training is AUD $2,150 (including GST).
There is an early bird price of $1,750 for the first 7 people to enrol and pay in full.
Facilitated by Deej Juventin
Please email email@example.com for a copy of the full course description.